Perpich Arts Integration
The Perpich Arts Integration Network of Teachers project promotes arts integration in K-12 classrooms through....
Professional Development and Facilitation:
Arts Integration teachers work together to develop and implement arts-integrated lessons that are student-centered and standards-based. They learn strategies for integrating the arts:
- with other content areas in meaningful, engaging ways;
- aligning standards, learning goals, and assessments;
- and reflecting on and learning from student work.
Professional development components include:
- multi-day workshops in summers,
- several 1-day network meetings throughout the school year, and
- meetings with Perpich facilitators on-site and online.
Documentation and Technology:
The Arts Integration Network is a laboratory to create, test, and refine lessons. School teams contribute to the big picture of arts integration in Minnesota by digitally documenting and sharing those exemplary lessons and practices.
Standards and Assessments:
So what are students actually learning in arts-integrated lessons? Teachers want to know that too. While constructing arts-integrated lessons, teachers work together to address standards, build assessments that accurately reflect student learning, and review the arts-integrated student work to improve instruction and student learning.